This pesto recipe is made by blending baby kale, hazelnuts, Romano cheese, and extra virgin olive oil. The pesto is combined with Al Bronzo Bucatini, roasted asparagus, and cherry tomatoes for a delicious meal.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Bucatini pasta
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups baby kale
- ½ cup hazelnuts, peeled
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut 1 inch
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 °F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Rub asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Bake asparagus until slightly brown (about 15 minutes).
In a food processor, process nuts, cheese, kale while gradually adding remaining olive oil.
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain while saving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Toss in a bowl with kale pesto, tomatoes, and asparagus; add pasta cooking water as needed and serve.