You’re going to love this amazing combination of ingredients where the fresh lemon and ginger are balanced by the Parmigiano cheese and the Thai Basil leaves. Served over Al Bronzo Bucatini, this recipe is the perfect summertime meal.
Barilla Al Bronzo pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Bucatini pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ lemon zested
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves, julienne
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Cook pasta three minutes less than package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic and ginger in 2 tablespoons olive oil for a minute, add lemon juice and 1 cup pasta cooking water, bring to a simmer.
Drain pasta and toss with lemon juice mixture over high heat, add pasta and more pasta cooking water as needed.
- Turn off heat, finish with remaining olive oil, cheese, lemon zests and black pepper. Top with basil before serving.