In this pasta recipe, shallots are slowly steamed with olive oil allowing them to sweeten. Prosecco is added, reduced, and combined with savory chicken broth. Heavy cream adds a lovely depth to this pasta sauce. Smoked salmon is folded in to the creamy sauce along with perfectly al dente Al Bronzo Linguine pasta. This dish is finished with roe, and freshly chopped chives.
Barilla Al Bronzo Linguine is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Linguine pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup Prosecco (can substitute dry white wine)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, diced
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, cut in strips
- 1 ounce salmon roe
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, slowly sweat shallot with olive oil.
Add Prosecco, reduce to half.
Add broth, reduce to half.
Add cream, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
Stir in salmon, cook one minute.
Serve drizzled with a bit of olive oil, garnish with salmon roe and sprinkle with chives.