Chef's Tip: As an alternative to air frying the bacon, you can cook the bacon in a skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil, cooking the bacon until crisp, about 8-10 min. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving the fat inside the pan. The same pan can be used to cook the garlic and tomatoes in step 3.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Mezzi Rigatoni pasta
- 12 ounces thick-cut bacon, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cups baby arugula
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
In an air fryer @ 400 °F cook bacon until crisp, about 8-10 min. Then set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium/high heat add olive oil, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook for 4-5 min. or until tomatoes start to burst.
Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water, drain pasta, and add to the skillet with ½ of the bacon, and the arugula. Add ¾ of the pasta cooking water, more if needed.
Remove from the heat. Add cheese and mix well. Top with remaining bacon.