This pasta recipe features sautéed zucchini, caramelized onions, blistered cherry tomatoes, and al dente Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni. Freshly grated Romano cheese and mint leaves act as the finishing touches for this elegant dish.
Barilla Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box of Barilla® Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni, pasta
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté zucchini with half the olive oil and season with a little salt. Set aside.
In the same skillet, slightly brown the onions in the remaining olive oil then add tomatoes. Sauté gently for a few minutes until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
Mix pasta with the sautéed tomatoes and mint leaves. Add the zucchini, then sprinkle with cheese and serve.