Looking to impress your guests at your next dinner party? This pasta dish can be assembled quickly, and is an elegant addition to your tablescape. The Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni is folded into the delicate white wine sauce. Lemon zest is tossed with sea salt and fresh red prawns. The prawns are placed on top of the Rigatoni pasta and garnished with fresh marjoram (an herb in the oregano) and minced capers.
Barilla Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo Mezzi Rigatoni pasta
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots
- 7 tablespoons vinegar
- 7 tablespoons white wine
- 12 cleaned large red shrimp, sushi grade
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Marjoram leaves for garnish
For the white butter: In a pan, add shallot, wine and vinegar and reduce by half.
Remove the shallots and whisk in the cold butter.
Cut up the shelled and deveined prawns into a rough tartare, dress with oil, a little salt and lemon zest.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and dress with the white butter. Add the prawn tartare and plate up with a few leaves of marjoram and the minced capers.