Barilla Al Bronzo Spaghetti is made by extruding dough through a bronze die that is micro engraved. This gives the pasta a rougher texture, allowing pasta sauces to perfectly adhere to our beautifully crafted pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Al Bronzo™ Spaghetti pasta
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. divided
- 12 ounces chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 2 cloves garlic, minced. divided
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 lemon, zested. divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- ½ cup basil leaves, julienne
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Mix chicken thigh with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 clove of minced garlic, half of the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. In a skillet over med/high heat, brown chicken thigh for 5-6 min or until cooked through. Julienne chicken and set aside.
Cook pasta 3 minutes less than package directions.
Meanwhile, in the same skillet sauté garlic and ginger in 2 tablespoons olive oil for a minute. Add lemon juice and 1 cup pasta cooking water, bring to a simmer.
- Drain pasta, toss with lemon juice mixture over high heat, add reserved chicken, and additional cooking water as needed. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Turn off heat, finish with remaining olive oil, cheese, lemon zests and black pepper. Mix well, then top with basil before serving.