Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for the Pasta:
- 8oz Barilla® Angel Hair Pasta
- 4 chicken thighs, skin on, boneless
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt, for boiling water
Ingredients for the Scallion Oil:
- 3 tablespoons neutral cooking oil (canola or safflower)
- 7-8 scallions, thinly sliced long ways, 3 inches in length
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
Ingredients for Garnish:
- Scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
- Toasted sesame seeds
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, sesame oil and black pepper. Mix well and reserve half in another small bowl for noodles.
In a large bowl, marinade chicken in half of sauce mixture for at least 30 mins or overnight for best results.
In a large pan, heat oil and add sliced ginger, scallions, and garlic. Cook until scallions are golden brown and slightly crispy; remove from pan to cool.
In the same pan, fry marinated chicken thighs skin side down for 6-8 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit; rest the cooked chicken.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook Barilla Angel Hair pasta until al dente; reserve 1 cup pasta water.
In the same pan as chicken, add butter and reserved half of sauce. Add all the scallion oil and bring to a simmer. Right away, add cooked pasta and 1/2 cup of pasta water. Only use other 1/2 cup pasta water if needed; toss until pasta is evenly coated.
Slice cooked chicken thighs into 1/2-inch pieces. Serve with scallion oil pasta. Garnish with fresh scallions and sesame seeds. Enjoy!