Ingredients 4 Servings
Ingredients for One Pot Pasta with Sweet Peas and Asparagus:
- 10 ounces Barilla® Farfalle pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 large white onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup asparagus, cut on a bias
- 1 cup peas, thawed from frozen
- 3/4 cup snow peas, small cut on a bias
- 6 ounces vegan cream cheese (can be subbed for regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Pink salt, to taste
- Fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped for garnish
In a large saucepan or pot, heat the olive oil over a medium heat.
Add the garlic and onion; cook until softened. (About one minute)
Add the Barilla Farfalle pasta along with the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over a medium/high heat; stir occasionally (around 6 minutes).
Stir in the asparagus, peas, and snap peas. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the vegan cream cheese, lemon zest, and salt to taste.
Stir until thoroughly combined, and a beautiful thick and creamy sauce has formed.
Remove from the heat, spoon into serving bowls, and garnish with fresh flat leaf parsley. Enjoy!