This Pasta Pomodoro recipe from Barilla is made with extra virgin olive oil, garlic cloves, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, heavy cream, basil, salt and black pepper. The garlic is slowly simmered in olive oil, and then combined with the tomatoes to form the base of the sauce. Heavy cream is mixed with Parmigiano Reggiano, and reduced to create a delicious cheesy sauce. Toss the Gemelli pasta with the tomato sauce, and finish the dish with cheesy fondue and fresh basil.
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli pasta
- 6 tablespoons. Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 28 ounce can San Marzano Tomatoes
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 pint heavy Whipping cream
- ½ cup Basil, sliced thin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large skillet gently cook the garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over low heat
- Add the chopped tomatoes and ½ cup of water then simmer for 10 minutes. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, reduce the heavy cream over medium heat by half. Add the parmesan cheese and whisk until smooth then set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions, drain and toss the pasta with the sauce, cook for 1 minute.
- Top with cheese fondue and fresh basil before serving.