Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Gemelli
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 4 ounces Prosciutto, Cut Into Strips
- 1 Small Roasted Red Pepper, Peeled, Seeded, Chopped
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3/4 cup Frozen Pea, Thawed
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, Freshly Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Continue heating until light golden brown in color, being very careful not to burn. Render prosciutto until crispy, set aside.
- Add red pepper; cook 1 additional minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in cream and peas. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce sauce by 2/3, stirring frequently.
Cook Gemelli according to package directions; drain and return to pot.
- Toss pasta with sauce until the pasta is coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Gently toss with cheese.