- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
Ingredients 8 Servings
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Linguine
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, plus extra for serving freshly grated
- Sea salt to taste
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil, add salt to taste.
- Add pepper to a 12- to 14-inch skillet and toast over medium heat, stirring until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Add olive oil and butter and stir occasionally until the butter has melted.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain, reserving about ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Add ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water to the oil and butter mixture, then add the linguine and stir.
- Stir in the cheeses, add a splash or two more of the reserved pasta if necessary to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately, with additional Pecorino Romano cheese on the side.