Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 chorizo sausage links, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon salt (teaspoons)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder (teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (teaspoon)
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pasta water, set aside for sauce
- parmesan cheese, to taste, grated for garnish
- parsley, sliced thinly for garnish
Cook Barilla Rigatoni pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and drain pasta; set aside.
In the same pot, over medium heat, add olive oil. Add chorizo slices, onion powder & garlic powder; sauté for 3-5 mins.
Once the chorizo starts to brown, add in butter, minced onion, minced garlic & tomato paste; stir and cook for 2-3 mins.
Add vodka, stir, and cook for 2-3 mins. Then, add heavy cream, stir, and cook for 2-3 mins. Add in some of the reserved pasta water, stir, and cook for 2-3 mins.
Fold in the rigatoni pasta; mix well to combine. Top with parmesan cheese & parsley and serve.