Summer is pasta salad season. Fresh strawberries, balsamic dressing, leafy spinach, and creamy goat cheese, and toasted pecans are all brought together by Barilla’s Penne Pasta.
Ingredients 7 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 6 leaves basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped & toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
Bring salted water to a boil; cook pasta 1 minute less than required cooking time. Drain pasta; toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and lay on a baking tray to cool.
- In a bowl, combine pasta with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add to the cooled pasta, spinach, strawberries, and basil. Garnish with goat cheese, pecans, and drizzled balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!