Ingredients 6 Servings
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini pasta
- 1 small butternut squash, diced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, oven dried*
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese grated
- ½ bunch kale leaves, washed**
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, season with salt.
- Combine the butternut squash with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper, roast for about 20 minutes or until nice and brown.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté onions in remaining olive oil, about 3-4 minutes or until opaque.
- Add the butternut squash and oven-dried* cherry tomatoes.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, reserve one cup of the cooking liquid.
- Add the cooking liquid to the sauce and bring to a simmer, drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
Remove the skillet from the flame and top with Parmigiano cheese and crispy kale** mixture.
*OVEN DRIED TOMATOES
Pre-heat oven to 220F°; Slice the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds, place on a sheet tray with hollow side up; Dry tomatoes for approximately 2-3 hours in the oven.
**CRISPY KALE CHIPS
Pre-heat oven to 190-200F°; Remove the ribs from the kale, wash well and dry thoroughly. Tear into medium sized pieces and place the kale on parchment lined sheet trays and spray with olive oil, season with salt let them oven dry for approximately 30 minutes, or until light and crispy.