Ingredients 6 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Rotini
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 medium Leeks
- 2 medium Carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup Green Peas
- 4 leaves Basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated
- Cut leeks into thin slices, white part only. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add leeks, carrots and green peas and cook until softened, approximately 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Reserve ¾ cup of pasta cooking water then drain the pasta and add the water and pasta to the skillet. Bring to a simmer and stir to combine then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in basil and cheese before serving.