Spaghetti alla Carbonara Recipe
Indulge yourself with a Spaghetti Carbonara recipe! Carbonara is an Italian pasta dish made with egg, Pecorino Romano cheese, guanciale or pancetta, and freshly ground black pepper. Combine these ingredients with al dente spaghetti for a perfect base to hold the creamy texture.
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrates
Ingredients for 8 people
- 1 box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 6 ounces guanciale (cured unsmoked pork jowl) or pancetta
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks with a pinch of salt and 1/3 of the grated cheese.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add guanciale, cut into strips, and sauté for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, transfer to the pan with the guanciale and mix well.
- Remove pan from heat, add beaten egg yolks with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water and mix for about 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining cheese and mix well.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a generous pinch of freshly ground black pepper.