Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 box Barilla® Tri-Color Rotini
- 1 1/2 pound Plum Tomato, Peeled, Seeded
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 10 leaves Fresh Basil, Sliced Thin
- 1 clove Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 cup Ricotta Salata Cheese, Grated
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cut an ""x"" at the bottom of each tomato with a sharp knife. Dip tomatoes in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Remove from water, cool. When cool enough to handle, peel and seed tomatoes. Chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Mix the tomatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and garlic in a large bowl. Marinate for about 2 hours.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add pasta to boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain pasta and immediately add to tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with ricotta cheese. Mix well. Transfer to serving platter or bowl and serve.