A SAUSAGE LASAGNA RECIPE TO TEMPT YOUR TASTEBUDS
Please your palate and your dinner guests with this classic lasagna recipe that you'll keep in your recipe box for years to come. The secret to this delectable lasagne dish is sautéed Italian sausage and onions layered with Barilla Marinara sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheeses. This lasagna recipe may be prepared up to 48 hours in advance without baking it. Prepare the lasagne as listed in the directions below and then store in a refrigerator. Since the lasagne will be cold, it will take longer to bake - 45 minutes covered, and an additional 15 minutes uncovered at 425° F. Bake until bubbly and enjoy!
Ingredients 12 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Wavy Lasagne
- 2 jars of Barilla® Marinara Sauce
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup white wine (optional)
- 1 15-ounce container fresh Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (reserve 1 tablespoon for top)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain; and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion with 4 TBSP olive oil until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, salt, pepper; brown well until cooked through and crumbly.
If desired, add wine (optional) and continue cooking until liquid has reduced by half.
- Add 3 ½ cups sauce to the sausage mixture, bring to a boil.
Spray 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup sauce on the bottom.
Cover with 5 cooked sheets of lasagne, top with 1 cup of sausage mixture, ½ cup ricotta and 2 TBSP of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Repeat for 2 more layers.
On the top layer, pour the remaining sauce and Parmigiano cheese. Add mozzarella; and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.