Perfectly Seasoned Chicken soup should never be boring. In this recipe, using the whole chicken deepens the richness of the broth, while the tomatoes, jalapeno, corn, cilantro and peppers use elements of Mexican cuisine which elevate the flavor profile of this delicious soup!
Ingredients 8 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Fideo Cut Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 whole chicken [organic]
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 each red, green and yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cob of corn, kernels only
- ½ cup cilantro, sliced
- 1 cup queso fresco
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Place chicken, celery, onion, carrots, bay leaves in a pot, cover with 7 quarts water, season with salt and bring to boil, simmer for 1 hour. Strain broth, reserve on the side, cut chicken meat from legs and breasts, julienne, discard all the rest.
- Meanwhile pre-heat oven to 425° F, in a baking pan season tomatoes with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil, roast in the oven until blistered and brown, about 15 minutes.
At the same time in a separate baking pan roast peppers, corn kernels and jalapeno seasoned with remaining olive oil, salt and pepper, about 15 minutes.
Bring broth back to boil, cook pasta in broth half the recommended cook time, stir in chicken, roasted vegetables and roasted tomatoes, turn heat off and let soup sit twenty minutes.
Serve with queso fresco and cilantro over the top.