This recipe was inspired by our Pasta on Deck series. The prompt requires you to make a dish with ingredients that are all one color. We love the inspiration behind this recipe, and hope you make a dish inspired by your favorite color.
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine (Cabernet)
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pint multi-color cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups strained tomatoes
- ¼ cup parsley, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup pistachio nuts (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
(Optional) Toast pistachio in a dry skillet for 1-2 min. or until toasted, set aside.
- In the same skillet over med/high heat add olive oil and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 2 min. and add garlic, harissa, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2 min. Add wine and reduce by half. Add tomato sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup pasta cooking water. Add pasta to sauce along with cooking water. Toss pasta with sauce over high heat; remove from the heat.