For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Penne pasta
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 plum tomatoes, ½ inch diced
- 1 small eggplant, ½ inch diced
- 3 medium carrots, ½ inch diced
- 3 small zucchinis, diced
- 2 bunches Swiss chard, leaves only, chiffonade
- 2 medium size red onion, julienne
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a nonstick skillet sauté each individual vegetable with 1 tablespoon olive oil each, season with salt and pepper, set aside when thoroughly cooked.
Bring a large pot of water to boil; cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with half tablespoon olive oil.
Plate pasta and vegetables in stripes to form a rainbow-colored dish.