Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla Chickpea Penne Pasta
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper [can substitute roasted in a jar]
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 zucchini, medium size, diced
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Roast peppers directly on the stove burner on all sides until skin is charred.
Pick peppers up with thongs and place in a bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and let cool down, about 20 minutes. Peel, get rid of the seeds and dice.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil over medium heat for a couple of minutes, add roasted peppers and zucchini, season with salt and pepper and sauté two more minutes over high heat.
- Drain pasta and toss with vegetables. Stir in cheese and basil just before serving.