For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry White wine
- ½ cup veggie broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic; cook 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
Stir in artichokes, capers; sauté two minutes then add wine. Reduce to half, stir in cream and veggie broth, bring to a simmer, season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large a pot of water to a boil, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with sauce over high heat until well combined.
Turn heat off, stir in cheese, butter, lemon zest and parsley before serving.