For more creative recipe inspiration, check out our pasta on deck collection!
Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup Pancetta, diced [optional guanciale or bacon]
- 4 egg yolks (Optional: 4 additional eggs)
- ½ cup Romano cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet gently render pancetta over medium heat until crispy.
In a bowl mix yolks, cheese, pepper, and salt. Stir in 1/3 cup pasta cooking water to loosen up the mixture.
Drain pasta and toss with pancetta off the heat.
Stir in the yolk mixture and toss over low heat until sauce is coating pasta but still smooth.
Serve immediately. Optional: Top with sunny-side-up egg.