Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Chickpea Spaghetti
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in 1 cup water for 1 hour
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 6-ounce box button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a processor, blend cashews with water until very smooth, set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté olive oil with garlic for two minutes, add mushrooms and sauté until slightly brown.
Stir in peas and veggie broth, bring to a simmer and cook for three minutes, add cashew cream, salt and pepper.
Drain pasta and toss with sauce. Stir in parsley before serving.