Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Penne
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 yellow squash, diced
- 1 pint multicolor cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup packaged arugula, roughly chopped
- ½ tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 cup ciliegine (cherry sized) mozzarella cheese balls, halved
- 12 basil leaves, torn
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté garlic and olive oil over medium heat for one minute, when it starts frying add zucchini and yellow squash and blister them over high heat for two minutes.
In a large bowl combine blistered squash mixture, arugula, basil, tomatoes, vinegar and cheese; season with salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with all ingredients before serving.