Ingredients 4 Servings
- 1 box Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1 yellow red pepper, small dice
- 1 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
In a small bowl soak the bread in water then squeeze out the excess water.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ground beef, egg yolk, half the cheese, bread, salt, and pepper.
- Form ½-inch balls and bake in the oven until thoroughly cooked and slightly brown, approximately 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet sauté garlic with olive oil for one minute, add bell peppers and 1 cup of water, season with salt and black pepper and cover with a lid, cook slowly for about twenty minutes over medium heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and toss with pepper mixture and meatballs.
- Add parsley and remaining cheese before serving.